Monday, August 30, 2010

Going back to Eden


For the last, I don't know, decade or so I have been not only developing a rather different type of lifestyle, I have been saying, to anyone who will listen, that you don't have to accept things as they are. And VSK and I, and now Minx, have worked pretty hard and communicating and figuring out all the little packets of crap that have been infiltrated into our minds over the years about monogamy and what is "normal" and we've gone ahead and decided that we can figure out for ourselves what will work. And it has. And being freaks doesn't really bother any of us because in some way, we have always been freaks. Freaks are good.


A new book is out and while it might not unfreakify us, its a step in the right direction. Sex at Dawn is a new book of evolutionary psychology that bascially notes that from an evolutionary point of view, monogamy is a late addition to human behavior, most likely associated with the rise of agriculture. I won't spend a lot of time discussing it right now, but I do think I will in the future refer to this book again and again. But let me cut to the chase.


While I haven't read the ending, the authors suggest that we might be able to return to Eden, so to speak, avoiding the stupid traps of monogamy that so capture our agricultural minds. One sex therapist who reviewed the book seem to think this fanciful, as its all about the competition in society and hence, fighting for pussy must continue. Well, fuck that. Sharing is most likely going to be the only way us humans get out of the mess we are in. If it starts in the bedroom, far out. I'll be the Che Guevarra of cuckoldry.

1 comment:

Pizza Boy said...

Don't you need my consent to post pictures of me? Ok ok, it's fine.